The Crown Prince’s International Scholarship Program (CPISP) announced the winners of its 2017 scholarships, who make up the Program’s 18th Group of scholars, and who include the following students:
• Shehab Fadhel Al Shehabi / St. Christopher’s School
• Zaid Maki Al Sekari / Bahrain Bayan School
• Abdulla Ebrahim Janahi / St. Christopher’s School
• Shaikha Lulwa Bint Mohamed Bin Ali Al Khalifa / Ibn Khuldoon National School
• Noora Khaled Al Hashimi / Bahrain Bayan School
• Eyad Nabeel Al Moamen / Al Hidaya Al Khalifiya Secondary Boys School
• Khaled Kamal Ajaj / East Riffa Secondary Boys School
• Hasan Borham Hamadto / Muharraq Secondary Boys School
• Zahra Saeed Al Basri / Khawla Secondary Girls School
• Batool Saeed Taraif / Jidhafs Secondary Girls School
• Ghadeer Mohamed Al Jabal / Omaima Bint Al Noaman Secondary Girls School
The 2017 scholarship recipients were selected among 360 Bahraini applicants from governmental and private schools in and outside of Bahrain who met the Program’s qualifying application criteria. The final selection criteria included their Grade Point Average, as well as the results of the IELTS and SAT examinations, leadership training, and the Critical Thinking course, which were organized by the CPISP as part of the candidacy training last year.
The CPISP gives its scholarship recipients the opportunity to choose their own fields of study from international universities of their choice that they gain acceptance to. The Program has awarded a total of 166 university scholarships to outstanding Bahraini students since its establishment in 1999 by HRH the Crown Prince, Deputy Supreme Commander, and First Deputy Prime Minister, Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa.